Award-winning advertising and experiential marketing agency, Grandesign, has helped major brands like Marvel, Sony, and Samsung create possibly a memorable, immersive experience at Comic-Con (SDCC). Starting Thursday, July 19 – Sunday, July 22nd, the Lexus Premiere lot (across from Hilton Bayfront) surrounds itself with off-site activations, food trucks, and evening entertainment. Comic-Con badgeholders will get the VIP treatment which includes a lounge.
Below are the hours the area will be open:
THURSDAY July 19 and FRIDAY July 20
10:00am – 9:00pm
SATURDAY July 21
10:00am – 10:00pm
SUNDAY July 21
10:00am – 5:00pm
Here are just a few of the activations that will be featured in the lot:
- Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger on Freeform recreates the iconic moment Tyrone and Tandy’s powers interact by fabricating a physical experience where participants are harnessed to a bungee that propels them backwards from the force of their powers. A slow-motion recording captures the moment in an overlay effect that shows both the light and dark energy emitting from participants.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment’s “Ghostbusters World” — in collaboration with Ghost Corps, the game’s publisher FourThirtyThree Inc. (4:33) and developer NextAge —invites attendees to experience the new augmented reality game for smartphones at its first public demo. While attendees wait their turn in line for the first chance to battle and capture the ghosts populating The Experience, they can try on authentic Ghostbusters costumes, pose with the original Ecto-1 and awe at the towering Stay Puft Marshmallow Man.
- In celebration of SHARK WEEK’s 30th anniversary premiering July 22 at 8 p.m. on Discovery Channel, Sharkzilla will be taking over San Diego during Comic-Con. The 40-foot long inflatable shark will be outside the Convention Center ready for photos with fans. In addition, every hour Sharkzilla will bare its teeth and chomp everyday items – from lifeguard towers to beach chairs, and there will be plenty of jawsome SHARK WEEK swag for fans to enjoy.
- Samsung brings the ultimate 4K gaming experience via a tricked-out semi-truck outfitted with custom-built gaming pods and its newest line of QLED TVs. Fans are invited to compete for the fastest winning time in Forza Motorsport 7 on Xbox One X to win premium prizes from Samsung and Xbox – an unbeatable combination.
- PlayerUnkown’s Battleground Mobile (PUBG MOBILE), is providing an immersive experience throughout the event, including a community gathering, a fully-branded entrance and exit, roaming charging stations for those in need, IGN live and GameSpot’s Comic-Con Twitter Moments, giveaways that include branded swags, postcards with exclusive in-game rewards and much more.
Some of the evening entertainment planned are screenings of Jurassic Park and the latest episode of Marvel’s Cloak and Dagger. For more evening activities and information about the lot, check out the website, http://theexperiencesandiego.com/.
What will you check out this year at Comic-Con? Sound off below in the comments!