So, I may have some interesting news for you guys. According to the analyst John Hodulik, he believes that the Disney Theme Parks might not be open until January 1st, 2021, which is what I predicted. John Hodulik, said that the company’s theme parks might be feeling the pressure for a new normal at the parks. Per Hodulik, the economic recession plus the need for social distancing, new health precautions, the lack of travel and crowd aversion are likely to make the parks less profitable until there is a widely available vaccine to the COVID-19 virus. He also said that the parks may regain their operating cadence in about 18 months, coinciding with the earliest expectations for a widely available vaccine for COVID-19. The last thing he said is that concerns over the parks reopening has led to a 3% drop off in the stock prices.
In the meantime, Disney is currently allowing some bookings for as early as June 1. Third-party websites like Trip Advisor suggest the park might not allow reservations until July 30, according to Inside the Magic, a Disney news and rumors website. I also found out that some Disney movies are coming to Disney+ this year. Here is the list of them:
- The Clone Wars on May 1st
- Tarzan: June 23
- Avengers Infinity War: June 25
- Solo: A Star Wars Story: July 9th
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: July 29
- The Incredibles 2: July 30
- Cinderella: September 1
- Christopher Robin: September 25
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier: Sometime in August
- Beauty and the Beast (2017): Sometime in October
- The Mandalorian season 2: Sometime in October
- Ralph Breaks the Internet: December 11
- The Jungle Book (2016): May 30,2021
Stay tuned for more Disney updates.