Nickelodeon is bringing kid-like fun to Comic-Con International: San Diego through their 1800 square-foot exhibit booth #4113 and panels. Taking place from Thursday, July 19 – Sunday, July 22, the channel will have something for attendees everyday of the convention.
Shows featured this year at the booth is the revamped Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT), nostalgic game show Double Dare, a TV movie of Invader Jim, animated series Louder Jim, and a 23 foot tall Reptar from Rugrats.
DAILY BOOTH ACTIVITY
- Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Experience:Attendees can step inside the Turtles’ secret lair under the streets of New York City for a gif opportunity.
- Double Dare Hamster Wheel:Fans can take photos with the iconic obstacle course challenge.
- The Loud House Photo Opp.Enter the Loud family’s living room, sit on the couch and take a group photo with Lincoln Loud and his 10 sisters.
- Customized T-Shirt and Tote Station:Fans can purchase a t-shirt and tote from the retail shop and customize it on the spot with characters and art from their choice of seven fan-favorite Nick shows: Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Loud House, Double Dare, INVADER ZIM, Hey Arnold! and Rugrats.
- Autograph Signings: Signing opportunities with Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles voice talent and executive producers, SpongeBob SquarePants’ Tom Kenny, INVADER ZIMvoice talent and creator, and the Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel
- Costumed-Character Appearances:Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Super Ninja Steel will make appearances at Nick’s booth at select times during the convention.
- Retail: Attendees can purchase Comic-Con exclusive figures and collectibles, the summer edition of the Nick Box, t-shirts, pins and more.
- Giveaways: Enter for a chance to win special prizes over the course of the convention.
Want to have a conversation with Mikey or Donnie, voiced live by Brandon Mychal Smith or Josh Brener, in a Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles virtual reality experience? Where you get to hang with the turtles in their natural habitat, New York City? More details about how select fans participate in the off-site activity will be revealed soon. What we know so far based on the press release:
The “Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Live” experience is created by Nickelodeon’s Entertainment Lab, the network’s division that spearheads research and development efforts around new technologies such as virtual reality, mixed-reality, augmented reality and artificial intelligence for Nick and its audience.
Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Thursday, July 19, 1:45p.m. – 2:45p.m. (Room: 6A): Rise up! The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are back with Nickelodeon’s brand-new mutation of New York’s half-shell heroes with a panel that celebrates the latest incarnation of Turtles and reinvention of the world famous franchise. Joining the discussion is the new voice cast–Omar Miller as Raph, Ben Schwartz as Leo, Josh Brener as Donnie, Brandon Mychal Smith as Mikey, Kat Graham as April O’Neil, and Eric Bauza as Splinter–along with the co-executive producersAndy Suriano and Ant Ward, and legendary voice director Rob Paulsen. The panel will feature never-before-seen clips from the upcoming series and be moderated by Keely Flaherty (BuzzFeed).
INVADER ZIM: Enter the Florpus!
Friday, July 20, 1:00p.m. – 2:00p.m. (Room: 6A): Fans will strap on their tuna-filled jetpack, prepare their bladders for imminent release, and start singing the doom song as their favorite Irken invader returns to San Diego with a panel that dives into Nickelodeon’s forthcoming new movie, INVADER ZIM: Enter the Florpus. Original series creator Jhonen Vasquez, art director Jenny Goldberg, and voice talent–Richard Horvitz (ZIM), Rikki Simons (GIR), Wally Wingert (Almighty Tallest Red) and Kevin McDonald (Almighty Tallest Purple)–will present behind-the-scenes art and exclusive brand-new footage. The panel will be moderated by Hector Navarro (Geek & Sundry, Nerdist).
What are you looking forward to the most? The panels, booth, and/or potential off-site? Sound off below in the comments!