Warning, potential spoilers ahead!
Just in time before Halloween, Grimm will be returning at 9:00 pm Friday October 30th. Thank goodness it is back on at 9 pm instead of 8 pm! Nick (David Guintoli) has been through the ringer last season! Just to refresh your memory, here are the top 10 things in my opinion you should know that happened last season:
- Nick lost his Grimm powers, then got them back, but there were serious repercussions. Like Juliette getting completely unhinged. More on that a few numbers down.
- Captain Sean Renard (Sasha Roiz) almost died from his gunshot wound but was fortunately saved by his mama (guest star Louise Lombard), who looked great by the way! As a side effect, the spirit of Jack the Ripper is inside him. Nick and co tried to remove the spirit from him but he may not be completely gone. Will Renard kill again as Jack and not remember in the new season? Hmmm….
- Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell and Rosalee (Bree Turner) got kidnapped by the Wesenrein, a hate group that are against inter-Wesen couples and almost got killed. Fortunately the Grimm gang came to the rescue with this epic moment when they are walking in episode Tribunal! Luckily, Monroe and Rosalee have had some happy times since then.
- Adalind (Claire Coffee) is pregnant again and guess who the baby daddy is? None other than Nick! Oh and she’s still looking for her first kid. Hint: Call Meisner Adalind!
- Sergeant Wu (Reggie Lee) finally finds out about the Wesen world. He is able to quickly adjust and becomes an eager pupil to learn more and help the Scooby Gang on various cases.
- Nick, with the help of Renard’s mom, gets his powers back. The clincher, Juliette had to help because of Adalind impersonating her. As consequence for helping Nick Juliette becomes a Wesen herself. Not just any Wesen though, but a Hexenbiest!
- Juliette has a tough time coming to grips with becoming a Wesen. She gets help from a very powerful Hexenbeist Henrietta played by guest star Garcelle Beauvais to both accept and embrace her new powers. Juliette definitely kicks butt in several episodes. The main fight that finally happened was between Adalind and Juliette in episode 13, Trail by Fire. Adalind certainly didn’t know what hit her! I was disappointed that Henrietta was murdered by Juliette later on in the season because I was interested in learning more about her character, especially her history with Renard.
- Juliette becomes consumed by her need to kill Adalind, especially after finding out that she was pregnant and feeling rejected by Nick when he initially found out about her status. Instead of waiting until Nick came to grips about it, she betrayed him by burning up his trailer full of Grimm weapons and knowledge and teaming up with the Royals, who were after Adalind’s daughter. She lures Nick’s mom, who has the kid, into an ambush so the Royals could take the daughter. Not cool that Nick’s mom got beheaded off screen! Nick got his revenge though thank goodness!
- Adalind’s daughter rescues herself by killing Renard’s dad aka King of the Royals as he was trying to take her back to Europe to live with him. I have to admit that was a cool scene in the season finale.
- Trubel (Jacqueline Toboni) comes back into town just as things get crazy and kills Juliette just when she tries to kill Nick. Juliette is not coming back from those arrows that were shot in her chest.
There were of course cool Wesen that were introduced throughout last season so I’m really looking forward what other new Wesen we will see in season 5. It looks like from the photos and the synopsis of the first two episodes of the new season, we will be welcoming a baby Grimm to the family! Thanks to NBC Universal, we have photos and a brief preview of the first two episodes!
Here is the synopsis and photos from the Grimmiere episode: The Grimm Identity:
In the wake of his mother’s beheading and Juliette’s death, things have never been more chaotic for Nick (David Giuntoli). Having lost so much, Nick must dig deep and decide what type of person he wants to be, while also coming to grips with fathering a child with his once sworn enemy, Adalind (Claire Coffee). His search for the truth leads him to FBI Agent Chavez (guest star Elizabeth Rodriguez) and puts him at odds with those close to him.
Next up is Clear and Wesen Danger, airing Friday November 6th:
On the heels of becoming a new father, Nick (David Giuntoli) must make some major changes to keep his child and Adalind (Claire Coffee) safe. Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee (Bree Turner) step in to help prepare for the new addition. Meanwhile, Capt. Renard (Sasha Roiz) assigns Hank (Russell Hornsby) a new partner as they investigate a brutal murder at an investment group.
Both titles are real cute Grimm writers! I feel bad for Nick because Juliette was the love of his life and now she’s gone. It will be really weird not seeing her around. It looks like Detective Pogue (Joseph Pertot) will be helping out with Hank on the case. Do you think that he will mesh will with Hank and Wu? What do you think guys! Are you ready for Friday? Sound off below in the comments! Include what name the new baby Grimm should have!