Legion M (who we have covered previously here http://www.thenerdelement.com/2016/06/04/legion-m-the-new-kid-on-the-block/) announced today an opportunity for fans to win a development deal with them. More details below courtesy of their press release.
Legion M Offers Fans the Opportunity to Win a Film & TV Development Deal with Innovative Legion M Pitch Elevator
Fans invited to participate in pilot filming at Stan Lee’s LA Comic Con and submit pitches online
Legion M, the world’s first fan-owned entertainment company, will debut the Legion M Pitch Elevator at Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con on October 28-30. Fans are invited to share their ideas for the next big hit film, TV, or virtual reality project with Legion M’s panel of industry insiders and executives, and compete for $4,000 in cash prizes and a development deal with Legion M that could be worth $15,000.
For those pitching on-site, Legion M has built a full-size elevator set where pitches will be recorded to potentially be a part of the Pitch Elevator TV pilot. Online submissions will also be accepted for consideration through the Legion M website from October 28 to November 28.
The Legion M Pitch Elevator is the next step in the company’s goal to open the gates of Hollywood by giving fans the opportunity to be a part of the content they love.
Here’s how it works:
- Prepare a pitch of up to 2 minutes for your movie or TV idea.
- Join Legion M at Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con to make your pitch inside the Pitch Elevator movie set, and be a part of our TV series pilot!
- If you can’t make it person, record a 2-minute video of your pitch and submit online.
- Once all the pitches are collected, staff, members and shareholders of Legion M will judge and select finalists.
- 10 finalists will receive a $250 cash prize and a chance to pitch their idea to a panel of Hollywood agents and executives. One grand prize winner will receive $1,500 in cash and a development deal with Legion M that guarantees $15,000 if their project gets made!
In-Person: 5pm PT – Friday, October 28 – 4pm PT on Sunday, October 30
Online: Friday, October 28 – Monday, November 28
In-Person: Stan Lee’s LA Comic Con
Los Angeles Convention Center – 1201 S. Figueroa St, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Pitch Elevator Set located @ Booth 402
About Legion M
Legion M will be the world’s first FAN-OWNED entertainment company. FANS own the company, FANS get behind the scenes, and when Legion M is successful—FANS share the rewards! Legion M co-founders Paul Scanlan and Jeff Annison are the Emmy-winning team who co-founded MobiTV, the pioneer and market leader in over the top and multiscreen platforms and content monetization, as well as the New York Rock Exchange which brought Fans and the musical artists they love together in partnership.
Legion M’s mission is to empower creators to push the boundaries, and empower Fans to be a part of the content they love. Join us at www.thelegionm.com.