NBC recently released photos from the Friday October 24th premiere episode of Grimm titled “Thanks for the Memories.” The gallery of photos are below. The show picks up right where we left off in the season 3 finale. Interestingly, the season 3 premiere started very similar with no time jump because of what occurred in the season 2 finale. Now that Nick has lost his Grimm powers, Trubel will need to be his eyes in order to see any dangerous Wesen. I like how David Guintoli (Nick) coined the phrase “seeing eye Grimm” at the Grimm panel during San Diego Comic-Con in July. I was thinking the same thing! Here’s hoping Monroe and Rosalee get their honeymoon soon. They deserve it. Here is the official synopsis released by NBC:
NICK MUST LEARN TO COPE WITH HIS NEW REALITY AS A NEW WESEN HITS PORTLAND TO STEAL ITS VICTIMS MEMORIES – ELIZABETH RODRIGUEZ, LOUISE LOMBARD, ALEXIS DENISOF AND JACQUELINE TOBONI GUEST STAR – After the events at Monroe (Silas Weir Mitchell) and Rosalee’s (Bree Turner) wedding, Nick (David Giuntoli) is faced with losing his identity as a Grimm. Hank (Russell Hornsby) and Juliette (Bitsie Tulloch) join Nick as they try to figure out how to deal with Trubel (guest star Jacqueline Toboni) as she faces the consequences of a heinous murder she committed. Meanwhile, when Wu (Reggie Lee) arrives at the scene, his discoveries bring back images of his traumatic encounter. A new threat arrives in Portland to steal the memories of its victims, leaving them in a state of dementia. Elsewhere, Captain Renard’s (Sasha Roiz) life hangs in the balance and Adalind (Claire Coffee) falls into Prince Viktor’s (guest star Alexis Denisof) trap as she desperately searches for her baby.
So here are some initial questions I have:
- Who will Wu first confront with his questions? How will Hank and Nick react? What will they tell him? Wu has the right to be angry, especially after Nick and Hank told him he didn’t see the Aswang. He went to the mental hospital because of it! He would not have had to do that if it Nick and Hank had explained that they saw it too.
- What does it mean for Nick to lose his powers? So far all we know is that he is not able to see Wesen. If Trubel is able to see the Wesen for him, he can still refer to his Aunt’s book to find out what he’s up against. Does losing his Grimmness include not being able to fight effectively against these Wesen?
- Will Juliette forgive Nick for sleeping with Adalind? We hope so, because Nick genuinely thought he was sleeping with her. Nick even told her he was going to propose. Dealing with Trubel’s problems may temporarily delay that conversation. I felt that they really couldn’t talk about it before because they were on their way to a wedding. Not only this but she will be dealing with the current crisis of Nick losing his Grimm powers.
- How long will Captain Renard be out of commission? Fortunately he is in critical condition for the time being. Here’s hoping he has a speedy recovery. Get well soon Capt!
- How will a new Wesen mix things up in the premiere? The new creature, which looks like an Octopus, is called the Gedächtnis Esser. It has the ability to steal identities and leave their victims with dementia according to Entertainment Weekly’s article from last month. Could Wu have a confrontation with this creature which could affect his memory? That would be bad. To see pics of some of the new Wesen we will see this fall, including the Octopus man, check out EW’s article: http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/09/12/grimm-season-4-wesen/
TNT announced on October 7th that it bought exclusive cable rights to the show! Congrats for Grimm now being in syndication! What are you most excited about the upcoming season of Grimm? What story arcs are you hoping they will cover? Sound off in the comments below!